Seminar led by Mary Paterson, with David Berridge, Rachel Lois Clapham, Martin Hargreaves and Theron Schmidt. Screening of Performance Saga’s Interview with Martha Rosler.
Part of FUTURES AND PASTS, a long weekend of live art at the ICA exploring the diverse pasts and possible futures of live art and performance. The weekend is curated by writer, artist and performance maker Tim Etchells with the aid of artist Ant Hampton and Lois Keidan (Live Art Development Agency)
• How can you communicate about past performances?
• What is it about performance that you might want to communicate?
• What roles can an artist/ art practice play in creating knowledge about the past?
• What kind of framework do you need in order to understand the past?
• What role does writing have in the debate?